Sunday 21 August 2011

Forthcoming reviews

I have been meaning to get around to list my forthcoming reviews, however time stands still for no WO-man and I've only just got around to doing this! As Loretta Young once said: "A charming woman is a busy woman."

So below is a list of books which I have either read and yet to post a review or neither read or reviewed:

  • Ken Follett's "A Dangerous Fortune"
  • Michelle Lovric's "Book of Human Skin"
  • Rafik Schiami's "The Dark Side of Love"
  • Lola Shoneyin's "The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives" 
  • concluding review of GRRM's "A Dance with Dragons"
I could list more books, but these are the ones which have really grabbed my attention this year. I read Shiami's The Dark Side of Love last year and I was bowled over by the sheer scale and story telling of this amazing Syrian author.

I came across Lola Shoneyin's book during a random Amazon search of new fiction and downloaded both sample and book straight away. Her writing is witty and revealing and far from demonising polygamous marriages, her fictional account reveals the deep cultural attachment and positive benefits to polygamous marriages in Nigerian society.

Back to the grind, a short post to detail future reviews !










No comments:

Post a Comment