Friday 19 August 2011

Will Self reviews Honey Money: The Power of Erotic Capital by Catherine Hakim

I don't normally refer to other reviews unless I'm a fan of the reviewer or the book which is reviewed. I noticed this review of Catherine Hakim's book by Will Self and if anything, it has made me curious to read Hakim's treatise. Most of the reviews of Hakim's work are on Amazon which has averaged a review score of 2.9 out of 5... so I was curious to read Will Self's take on Hakim's post-feminist arguments.

I have not read Honey Money yet, but interesting its title appeals as "No money, no honey" is one of Poppa Rahman's favourite sayings. Although as a devout Muslim, I am sure he means to use it in a different context to that of prostitutes in Jakarta.

Anyway here is the link to Self's review and you can make your mind up for yourself !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/aug/19/honey-money-catherine-hakim-review

No comments:

Post a Comment